Cannabis Clinical Competencies Using Science to Inform Intervention by George Mason (VA) March 17 2020
In learning the most up to date cannabis science, providers will receive a nuanced understanding of cannabis-derived products, use patterns, culture, and social perceptions as they relate to informing clinical strategies. Screening and intervention techniques will be practiced so participants leave with increased confidence in their ability to recognize and respond to cannabis use.
Trainees will learn to:
• Understand cannabis use and its risks from a public health perspective.
• Increase understanding of cannabis science and culture in healthcare
• Identify motivators for cannabis use and recovery
• Learn about the development and use of the Cannabis Intervention Screener tool
• Become familiar with clinical strategies to improve interactions with cannabis users
• Practice screening and brief intervention of cannabis risk.
Parking & Getting Around Campus
The closest parking garage to Johnson Center is the Shenandoah and Mason Pond Parking Deck.
The Johnson Center is building 29 and Shenandoah and Mason Pond Parking Deck is building 42 and 40 respectively on the campus map: https://info.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/FairfaxMap_2019.pdf
•Note that the visitor entrance for both parking decks are located on Patriot Circle. Turn onto Sandy Creek Lane for Shenandoah.
•Registrants will be sent a parking validation code. Please remember to bring the code with you and use the code at the kiosk pay station to pay when you return to your car.
Continental Breakfast & Boxed Lunch Provided
Free CEUs (pending)