DC Psychedelic Society February Meeting (DC) February 9 2019
Please join us at the February meeting of the D.C. Psychedelic Society, where we discuss all things psychedelic! This is an open discussion forum; there is no central topic for this meeting; we will discuss what attendants would like to discuss.
Also, we will have an integration circle for the last 30 minutes of the meeting.
This is a free event.
Note: this is not a place to obtain or find sources for drugs.
To keep this space safe and comfortable for all, we have instituted some general guiding principles. Please review, and ask if you have any questions.
1. We recognize that the the psychedelic space is a space where people often are very vulnerable, so we must make extra effort to keep respect and compassion for people in mind at all times.
2. Maintaining respect and compassion is especially important when people are talking about sensitive subjects like sexual assault.
3. This respect and compassion must extend to everyone in the community. The community should put extra effort into encouraging diversity and inclusivity, so that all people of all races, religions, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations can feel welcome and safe.
4. Because psychedelics have historically been abused or weaponized by those in power, we need to make extra effort to include historically marginalized communities and people.
5. We want to make the community a place where people can discuss whatever psychedelic-related issues they are interested in, whether scientific research or grand philosophical questions, but making the community a safe space for all people, focusing on respect, compassion and diversity, has to come first. Making this a safe space for everyone is more important than whatever particular question might be of interest to someone.