Opioid Use in DC New Prescriber Tools for Prevention and Treatment by NPADC – October 14 2017
- Identify new tools for nurse practitioners to prevent and treat opioid abuse and overdose in the District of Columbia.
- Assess the state of opioid use, abuse, and overdose in the DC.
- Examine behavioral health aspects of addiction and tools to identify vulnerable patients.
- Examine and evaluate management and treatment options for opioid addiction, including medication assisted therapy.
- Discuss the use, benefits, and limitations of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program for opioid prescribers and patients.
- Identify ways to improve care and service for active drug users in clinical settings, with lessons learned from a successful community-based model.
- Examine and evaluate alternative pain management options, including recommendation of medical marijuana in DC.