Tom Tom Presentsabis (VA) April 10 2019
Part of the Tom Tom Summit & Festival – April 8-14, 2019! Leading entrepreneurs and experts join us for an energetic conversation about what may be Virginia’s most exciting new industry.
This prime-time panel will take a candid look at the entrepreneurial, social, and political opportunities and challenges that accompany legalization from both a national perspective as well as a Virginia lens. The conversation will feature some of the marijuana world’s leading voices:
– Jane West, known as “The Martha Stewart of Cannabis” and the architect of networking megagroup Women Grow and Shop Jane West
– Steve Hawkins, Executive Director of powerhouse advocacy group the Marijuana Policy Project
– Hope Wiseman, a financial analyst turned small-town cannabis entrepreneur—not to mention the country’s youngest black female dispensary owner.
– John Hudak, a The Brookings Institution research and policy expert and the author of Marijuana: a Short History.
– Jenn Michelle Pedini, the Executive Director at Virginia NORML and architect of the advocacy that pushed through Virginia’s 2018 medical marijuana legislation.
It all adds up to a memorable evening about America’s buzziest industry, one that will impact our cities in myriad ways big and small in the 21st century.
Wed. April 10 at 8:00 pm at The Paramount Theater
General Admission: $15
Admission with Post-Event Cocktail Party: $40