6 Cool Ways to Use CBD
CBD has been popularly covered by today’s media. You may have heard of it since it is also sold as an add-in to your post-workout smoothie. But what is CBD exactly? Well, cannabidiol or CBD is one of the most active and prevalent ingredients of cannabis, which you may know as marijuana. CBD is derived from the hemp plant, a species of the cannabis Sativa plant. While cannabidiol is indeed a component of marijuana, it does not cause a ‘high’ in itself. As a matter of fact, CBD does not exhibit any effects indicative of any abuse or dependence. Since it has no psychoactive properties even when smoked, it has been legalized in all 50 states with varying degrees of restriction.
CBD has been linked to many health benefits including:
- Treating childhood epilepsies
- Reducing or even stopping the number of epileptic seizures
- Treating anxiety
- Treating insomnia
- Lowering pain and inflammation due to arthritis
- Treating chronic pain
CBD does not necessarily need to be smoked. There are other ways it can be used. These include:
- Smoking CBD
A lot of stigmas are associated with smoking of any kind including smoking of CBD by glass bong or glass pipe. However, CBD smoking is the best way to get the highest concentration of CBD. Furthermore, it provides the quickest method of absorption in the body. There are different ways of smoking CBD. The best way for most concentration is by smoking the oil out of a trusty glass bong. This is as smoking CBD dry herbs by bongs, which have water filtration, so it gives you a smoother smoke.
- Smoking CBD dry herbs give high concentrates of CBD
- It provides for the most efficient absorption in the body
- It allows you to manage the amount of oil you consume
- Smoking anything including CBD herbs is harsh on the throat and lungs
- It is not suitable for those looking for lesser effects
- CBD Dabs
CBD dabbing is inhaling CBD oil through a sort of inhaling instrument by a dab rig or oil rig. CBD products that are specifically produced for dabbing include CBD wax, CBD shatter, CBD crumble, CBD butter, etc.
- It is useful for people who need instant CBD hits in less time
- Effective for people suffering from chronic pains
- Can be expensive
- Not suitable for a person looking for a less intense form of CBD
- CBD Vapors
The popularity of CBD vapors is increasing by the minute. People are finding it is easier and more efficient to vaporize CBD oils rather than smoke them. There are plenty of vaporizers in the market to choose from and for a beginner, the vape starter kit is the best place to start. You can easily find vaporizers for CBD oil on online headshops. Check kings-pipe.com for these CBD vape pens.
You can choose to use vape pens which have made it easier to consume CBD without causing harshness to the throat and lungs like traditional smoking out of an oil rig, water pipe, glass bong or glass hand pipe. In addition, vaporizing CBD oil also gives a high concentration of CBD. Therefore, it is a perfect alternative if you’re looking for high concentration and you are reserved about smoking. It is much safer as compared to smoking.
- Vaporizing is not harsh on the body. It has the same effects as smoking but does not harm the throat and lungs
- It is easy to control the amount you smoke
- Since CBD vapes are discreet, you can easily slip them into your pocket and carry them along with you wherever you go.
- It can be too strong if you don’t want to experience an intense relaxation
- It is difficult for first-time users to get the hang of vaporizers
- CBD Tinctures
CBD has a low bioavailability which means that the body’s ability to absorb it is quite low. As a result, it needs to be taken with fats to increase its bioavailability. The good news is that tinctures can help solve this problem. You can place a few drops under the tongue, hold it for 30 seconds and then swallow it. It provides an excellent feeling of calm and wellbeing. You can find tinctures in CBD oil sprays or drops.
- A tincture allows you to use as little as possible for your desired effects
- It is a discrete method
- Results vary from person to person
- It needs ample time for the oil to take effect
- Other tinctures may contain alcohol which is to be avoided
- CBD Oil/ Edibles
CBD oil has found its way to many kitchens Cannabidiol oil or CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant and then diluting it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil.
CBD can also be consumed through eating CBD products rather than just using the oil in cooking. For example, CBD capsules. The CBD pills are available in different strengths to suit your exact needs
CBD isolate powder is another edible form of using CBD. The powdered CBD at 100% purity can be added to your regular diets like smoothies.
- Edibles have the longest-lasting results
- Since CBD can be found in a variety of foods, people have endless options of consuming them
- Capsules re the easiest and most discreet ways of using CBD
- Are an excellent choice for a first-time CBD user since most people are conversant with taking pills
- Edibles intensify THC amounts thus causing some psychoactive effects
- It can get difficult to get the right amount in your system
- Capsules are not suitable for people who have trouble swallowing pills.
- CBD Spreads
CBD products have also diversified into spreads like body oils. For example, CBD oral spray is one of the most convenient ways of using CBD. You only have to spray it on your body and you’re good to go. It is useful in supplementing your CBD diet. You can spray it on swollen joints or sore muscles.
Besides sprays, there are also CBD topicals available for different conditions. You simply apply the oil to the affected area for temporary relief.
There are also CBD balms like eye balms and skin balms. You apply them to the affected area.
- Spreads are rapidly absorbed by the skin thus working almost immediately
- A great alternative for those looking for small amounts of CBD
- The CBD doesn’t last long as with other methods
If you need to be constantly medicated but cannot be high all the time, CBD is your best bet. However, make sure to buy CBD products from reliable stores.