Virginia Cannabis Events
We are happy to add Virginia marijuana events to the website! Governor Ralph Northam signed HB1251, expanding the affirmative defense for possession of medical cannabis oils to any diagnosed condition. You can skip to the bottom of the page for more details, here are the events:
- Deep Roots Apothecary CBD Shop in Burke Grand Opening (VA) November 9 2019
- VA Medical Cannabis Educate Yourself on the New Frontier in Pharmacy (VA) November 16 2019
- Legalize Virginia Festival by O’Connor Brewing and VA NORML (VA) September 10 2018
- Legalize Virginia Festival by O’Connor Brewing and VA NORML (VA) September 11 2018
- Legalize Virginia Festival by O’Connor Brewing and VA NORML (VA) September 12 2018
- Legalize Virginia Festival by O’Connor Brewing and VA NORML (VA) September 13 2018
- Legalize Virginia Festival by O’Connor Brewing and VA NORML (VA) September 14 2018
- Virginia Medical Cannabis Information Session (VA) September 16 2018
- VCIA Happy Hour by Virginia Cannabis Industry Association (VA) September 18 2018
- Legalize VA Fest Yoga Sesh (VA) September 21 2018
- Winchester NORML September Meeting (VA) September 27 2018
- VA 2nd Congressional District Cannabis Conversation (VA) October 3 2018
- NoVA NORML Fall Social (VA) October 13 2018
- D.O.P.E. Camp & Hike by Dope DC Creates LLC (DC to VA) October 13 2018
- Winchester NORML October Meeting (VA) October 18 2018
- Increasing Profits Virtual Conference (Online) October 25 2018
- District Hemp 1 Year Anniversary (Manassas VA Store) October 27 2018
- A Ragin’ Heady Halloween (VA) October 27 2018
- D.O.P.E. Camping and Hiking Hosted by Dope DC Creates (DC to VA) November 10 2018
- Cannabis Comes to the Commonwealth Hosted by Virginia Cannabis Industry Association (VA) November 12 2018
- NoVA NORML DC Happy Hour (DC) November 14 2018
- NoVA NORML Legislative Send Off (VA) January 2 2019
- Virginia 2019 Cannabis Conference & Lobby Day (VA) January 12 2019
- Virginia 2019 Cannabis Conference & Lobby Day (VA) January 13 2019
- Virginia 2019 Cannabis Conference & Lobby Day (VA) January 14 2019
- Big Green Cruise Hosted by Virginia NORML (VA) January 18 2019
- MLK Day Cannabis Legalization Livestream by Maryland NORML (Online) January 21 2019
- District Hemp Botanicals Leesburg Grand Opening (VA) January 25 2019
- Medical Cannabis Legislative Update for Pharmacists and Doctors by Virginia NORML (VA) January 26 2019
- Weed the People screening Hosted by Roanoke Valley NORML (VA) January 29 2019
- Weed the People at Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse by VA NORML (VA) February 7 2019
- NoVA NORML Legislative Update & Volunteer Training (VA) February 24 2019
- Learn how to access medical cannabis in Virginia (VA) March 9 2019
- Accessing Medical Cannabis in Virginia Hosted by Culpeper County NORML (VA) March 26 2019
- Marijuana Policy Town Hall with Delegate Mark Levine (VA) March 27 2019
- Tom Tom Presents The Future of Cannabis (VA) April 10 2019
- NORML Night at Parkway Hosted by Roanoke Valley NORML (VA) April 20 2019
- Meet the Candidates (Roanoke Valley) Hosted by Roanoke Valley NORML (VA) May 9 2019
- Preparing Tax Returns for the Legal Marijuana Industry by Tax Practice Pro Inc (VA) May 15 2019
- CBD Community Education Seminar (VA) May 15 2019
- 2020 Cannabis Legislative Update and NOVA Preview (VA) September 12 2019
- Cannabis and Man – Coevolution and Sacred Connection (WV) September 14 2019
- 2020 Cannabis Legislative Update and Norfolk Preview (VA) September 19 2019
- 2020 Cannabis Legislative Update and Richmond Preview (VA) September 24 2019
- Cruel Consequences – Portraits of Misguided Law (VA) September 24 2019
- Medical Cannabis and CBD- Who Can It Help & How?” by Hann’s Pharmacy (VA) September 29 2019
- Cannabis Liberation March Hosted by Politics Schmolitics (VA) October 12 2019
- Roanoke Valley NORML October Meeting (VA) October 16 2019
- District Hemp 2-Year Anniversary and GIVEAWAY by District Hemp Botanicals (VA) October 27 2019
Virginia Cannabis Marijuana Law and affirmative defense
A signed affirmative defense certificate may be submitted as a patient’s or caregiver’s defense in a Virginia court of law 10 days prior to trial if charged for possession.
1. Print the Affirmative Defense Certificate.
2. Take it to your physician and ask your doctor to sign it.
3. Keep the signed certificate with your oil at all times.
4. Present your certificate if questioned by law enforcement.
5. If not accepted and charged with possession, call an attorney or ask for court-appointed counsel.
6. Present your signed certificate 10 days prior to trial as directed.
You can also Get your MD Medical Marijuana card for only $150!